Feb 14, 2013

boys & girls

flower crown: diy, top: vintage, necklace: thrifted, pins: diy/gift, heart sports bra(seen through pink top): forever21, skirt: thrifted, tights: ??? shoes: forever21
 
 Ronettes valentineStella Tennant by Tim Walker | Vogue Italia, Aug. 2007
The Brady Bunch
Bettie Page (1, 2)
unknown
Lana Del Rey (from tumblr)


Happy Valentine's/Single's Awareness/VD Day! I've been in a great mood today, and almost everyone around has as well (which I'm not used to so it was a little odd, but I'm not complaining). It bums me out, because I've noticed it's trendy to hate Valentine's Day...I'm sure people have their reasons, but one of my good friends told me, "Valentine's Day isn't just for couples- it's a day to show compassion towards family and friends." Oh, an interesting thing happened today! So obviously I dress different than most angst-y teens, and I live in the country in Texas so it's even more rare for a teenager not to be wearing miss me jeans and graphic tees. I used to get teased my first two years of high school, but not so much this year. UNTIL today! I don't know what was so "offensive" about my outfit but people yelled at me in the halls today. Honestly, it's never bothered me, because it's just their opinion, and hey, at least they're thinking about me! I got many interesting comments today. My favorites were "Go home Lady Gaga!" and "What a fucking freak..." I don't see how their lives improve by bringing other people down...oh well! The spirit of Valentine's Day returned when people were yelling at me in the hall, and this stranger said, "Don't listen to them. You're beautiful." AWWW~ They were so sweet!! I'm really thankful for my small group of friends though. I told them what had happened in the hallways, and they were furious people were doing that to me. I told them it's all good (because it is), but just the fact that I have friends who care just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. End rant. Above is my outfit and lots of VD inspiration.

I love all of you & I hope everyone had a great day,
Tessa


11 comments:

  1. Great post! Probably my favorite of yours so far, so much going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eu sou brasileiro e simplesmente amei seu blog, não liga pra essas pessoas ruins. São elas que fazem sua fama. Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  3. People can be so mean and stupid sometimes...
    Your outfit is way too cute! Love the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I follow you on tumblr and i fell in love with your both blogs since the first time <3 Happy Valentine's day and congratulations for being a such inspirational person. I know how it is to be yelled at in the halls, when i was in high school it happened a lot and i used to get really sad when i was younger but know i see how it doesnt make sense. You 're beautiful and really brave to show your opinions and the things that you love and makes you inspired, thats a thing that i never get courage enough to do when i was your age. Have fun, its all i can say.
    See ya ◡‿◡✿

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's unbelievable how cruel some people can be...I think you look like a dream! I'm so happy I found your blog!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're awesome and inspiring! Don't let some narrow minded people bring you down. I also follow you on tumblr and I have to say you're one the coolest! Happy Valentines Day honeybee <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those kids were just jealous because your wardrobe is fantastic, haha! Happy Valentine's Day, Tessa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those are all stupid people. In the end, do all those people have a lovely blog where even strange people comment on inspiring and magical posts? Didn't think so!
    I think you're wonderful! Don't change yourself, your look is amazing and I guess some people are just jealous of you having the guts to wear these clothes.
    Being called after a great, inspiring artist and fashion icon is a compliment. Lady Gaga looks great and so do you. In the end everyone remembers you, do other people remember the boring people who called you names? Nope!
    Lovely blog, dear. I'm coming back again ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tessa,

    I was behind a couple of posts from your blog and read this one today. Even though I check it out fairly regularly this is the first comment I ever posted in here, but I just wanna say THAT STRANGER WAS DAMN RIGHT. :)

    Hats off to you for having the guts to be who you are, no matter what they say. It sounds all very cliché, and sometimes reading pages of love-yourself type blog entries on the internet seems like a whole bunch of crap, but people often forget how much courage it takes to be yourself.

    Some of these kids think being unique and having tastes that flutter off the beaten tracks are but a cry for attention. Well I guess we can only feel bad for them.

    I remember a time when I used to get yelled at and called names everywhere I went every day. Yep, every day. You toughen up after a while but it always hurts a bit when all you wanted in the first place was to be happy wearing whatever stroke your fancy that day and not worry about the rest.

    I remember this one time when I was 15 and a 7/8 year old kid yelled at me in the street, trying to shame me and look all badass in front of his friends. It went something like "Hey, you got it all wrong, today isn't FUCKING Mardi Gras!" to which I must have replied something along the lines of "Hell yeah it is! And I'm so FUCKING excited coz tomorrow is Halloween!"

    You're one in a million missy, stay fabulous. <3


    Love from a French reader.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry.
    I love your Blog. Really. Because of the cool vintage pics and your're so pretty. I'm jealous ! ^^
    It would mean a lot if you visit my blog :)
    http://xeniamara.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you for being so brave. I love your outfit, your headband is spectacular. :)

    ReplyDelete

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡