Jan 6, 2014

change is good + first OOTD of 2014

Happy 2014 everybody! I can't believe it's already next year. Everything has been going by so fast and it's all happening at once. This year is my last semester of high school!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I normally don't use excess punctuation, but that's really how excited I am to get the hell away from my school and (most) of the people there. Right after I graduate in May I'm going to Europe for two weeks with some friends and old teachers (England, France, and Germany) and I swear I'm going to be crying and eating during the entire trip. Besides all of that amazing stuff I'm working on expanding The Mad Mod Shop, which has a new Facebook Page so go check it out!! I will also be doing much more Pop Shop events. My first Pop Shop event I'll be doing is January 12th so if any of you can make it I would love to see you guys!(see more info below) I'm also in the middle of filling out scholarships, making a short film+a thousand other things for school. So even though it's just the first week of the year, a lot has happened so far!

hat: vintage, scarf; gift, mini dress: vintage, belt: gift, leggings: Kohls, socks: UO, shoes: vintage
GUYS IT WAS ACTUALLY COLD TODAY (25 degrees F) which explains the hat and scarf. It was actually kind of miserable, but it was better then muggy or hot weather. Besides what I'm wearing in the photos I also had two jackets and a sweater. Although the weather is to my pleasing, school is not. I have to go back tomorrow and due to winter break I'm not sure if I'm ready. I know I have only one more semester, but that's one too many. I'm getting two new classes (advanced placement government and theatre office aid) so I'm anxious to get started in those classes. The thing I'm dreading most are the people and college algebra. As Audrey Horne once said, "In real life you don't need algebra." Which is 100% true.

If any of you lovely kitties can come to this I'll love you forever and even tell you a bad joke or two! If you let me know you read my blog I'll make sure to treat you well and give you a discount! Besides my booth there's going to be amazing other vendors who sell their art, photography, vintage clothing, antiques+more! And there's going to be FREE DIY SESSIONS ALL DAY LONG!!! You can RSVP here!
---
new year, new vintage, Vintage, VINTAGE (+ socks from Buffalo Exchange)!!! If you can't tell by the pictures from below I had the best vintage adventure ever a few days ago.

---
Since my plans/life has been kind of scattered and all over the place lately so has my taste in music/fashion/etc. One minute I'll be listening to Hunx & His Punx and then the Chantels. During the break I've also seen (and rewatched) a bunch of movies, like Evil Dead II, Saved!, The Great Gatsby, etc. Luckily since I'm on break I've been able to spend more time on the internet (before the break I hardly was able to get on I was so busy), and I've been able to find a plethora of new inspiration and pretty photos. ALSO, I'm highly considering dying my hair for the new year. I'm sort of really scared to since I've been blonde for almost four years now, but I could really go for a change. Because change is good.



DisneylandEvil cross-stitch by Mana MorimotoDonna Reed, unknown The Hair Hall of Fame | Retro Kooky 8,"Some Baby!" platform shoes, 1973,  unknown, Bloemstilleven by Jan Voerman Jr., unknown/new tumblr backgroundPeanuts,  my instagram




I made this playlist about how being in love seems like a cool thing (because of movies), but in all honesty I could care less about being in love right now. If that makes any sense at all???

I hope everyone's new year is going amazing so far! How was everyone's New Year's Eve??? (a little late to ask oops)

5 comments:

  1. you're the best mod in 2014

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip to Europe sounds fantastic and I can't wait to see your short film (assuming you decide to share it on the world wide web)!
    And yes. In real life there really is no algebra. I think I would go insane if I had to take as many classes as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your sense of style will go places! absolutely love that playlist, girl! so many pastel hues and groovy vibes all over this post^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. all of that vintage looks incredible, and your moodboards are killer (as usual)

    ReplyDelete

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡